Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How to get your own copy and help with the translation!

Hello Heidi Fans,

I am actually paying a translator for completion of this project. You will not believe how hard it is to find a volunteer translator.

Here's the deal, I am going to put a paypal link on this site in which you can donate towards the total cost of the translation. I will cover almost all of the cost, but it is a few hundred dollars total for the project (which is a reduced rate). So if anyone could possibly help me out, I would appreciate it.

(Again, as of 7/6/10 we are up to episode 10 in translation.)

To further explain, all donations are welcome and encouraged, but for anyone who is willing to donate $10 or more, I will mail out a copy of the series to you on dvds as a thank you. That is 52 episodes of a classic series for only $20 + plus you are helping me complete it.

The dvds will be data dvds as it would be too expensive to put all 52 episodes on playable dvds.








Lastly, I just want to say thank you to anyone who has been of help to me as well as thank the great people at http://raiden-rs.blogspot.com/ for helping direct people to this blog for their donations and participation in this great project.

Thanks again,

Heidi Fan

P.S. Just for a laugh, I got a quote from a professional translation service and they quoted me almost $18,000 USD

5 comments:

  1. Man am glad some1 is taking the initiative to bring back this dead classic..i loved this series...n i searched everywhere to find a decent EN subtitled collection...no luck...but thanx for ur effort...btw how much longer :)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous and everyone else. I am to episode 20. I can only get about 10 episodes done a month being a full time master's student, working and being married and all that good stuff. I will keep you all updated as time goes on. Please donate, as this is expensive and takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 more thing. Once this project is completed, there will be another one in the pipeline. Stay tuned and please donate to keep these projects coming out.

    I will give you all a hint. Louis May Alcott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please tell me when I can get my copy of the completed series once I donate more than say 10$?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous,

    I will mail out the series once I receive a donation. It is ok to wait for awhile to donate though as we are not finished yet. We are up to around episode 5 or so in actual subtitling and encoding. It will take awhile, but I will actually need to increase the donation to $20 (this includes shipping) as it will take a few dvds and shipping. I might not even make a penny off of the donation to help with the translation. I just don't want to overcharge people.

    Heidi Fan

    ReplyDelete